Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Aroma of Worship

On my way to a meeting yesterday, I noticed an object lying in the middle of the road. As I sped down the recently paved highway,  my eyes discerned its distinctive markings and my nose quickly recognized the putrid odor. The black and white road kill was, of course, a skunk. I maneuvered the car as far away from the creature as possible without veering off the road to escape the disgusting aroma that now filled my nostrils. After traveling several yards past the road kill, the scent that had been released from its crushed body still invaded my car.

Traveling south toward my destination, I couldn't help but think about my worship. Was the fragrance of my life sweet smelling to God? Or when I'm crushed (like the skunk) with the adversities of life, is the fragrance I emit sweet or foul?

I smiled and thought how God would use such a disgusting animal as a skunk to challenge me spiritually. Everyday, I have the opportunity to allow the worship that flows from my heart permeate the heavens with the sweetness of the love I have for Him. Because He demonstrated His great love to me, I am the recipient of His love gift.

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. ~Romans 5:8
With this amazing spiritual truth, I sing and release worship...
Take My Life and Let It Be

Verse 1:
Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.


Verse 2:
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Swift and beautiful for Thee.


Verse 3:
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
Filled with messages from Thee.


Verse 4:
Take my silver and my gold:
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Ev'ry pow'r as Thou shalt choose.
Ev'ry pow'r as Thou shalt choose.


Verse 5:
Take my will, and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
It shall be Thy royal throne.


Verse 6:
Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store;
Take myself, and I will be,
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Words: Frances R. Havergal 1874.






1 comment:

  1. What a sweet reminder through a common scent event. God instructed His people to prepare special fragrances in incense and oils that were used for special purposes and pleasant to Him. How much more so His special, peculiar PEOPLE...and what seems more peculiar to teach through than a skunk!? But no more than a talking donkey. How deeply the song touched, seeing all the stanzas of commitment instead of just one or two. How magnificently our Lord shed His insight into your spirit again through the simplistic things that affect and effect deeply. How Great is Our God!!

    ReplyDelete