Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Personal Note: Holiday Posts

Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established. ~Proverbs 16:3

These are the words the Lord whispered to me during my personal devotion time today. I love the way it reads in  the Amplified version:

Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and thrust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, ans] so shall your plans be established and succeed.

One of the "works" I've been praying about is the time commitment for the blog.  I love writing, sharing the heart of God and my journey. I spend time praying about each post and especially for each one of you. My prayer is that you will be drawn closer to the Father and seek Him in a deeper way. He is indescribably rich: full of love, mercy, compassion, wisdom, and strength. Oh! I could go on and on...

As I discover more and more about Him, I've come to understand why it will take eternity for us to get to know Him. He is so worthy of all the glory, honor and praise! One stanza in Amazing Grace bears my thoughts:


When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we first begun!

As I prayed the Lord impressed upon my mind to write two to three times per week during the holiday season. If you have signed up to be a follower or on the email list, the posts should come directly to your email. If you haven't signed up, perhaps now is the time to consider that option.  If you have been encouraged and ministered to, please share the blog with your friends.

May our prayers, worship and adoration to Him continue to be a sweet smelling sacrifice.

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near. ~Isaiah 55:6



No comments:

Post a Comment