Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

God's Gentle Reminder

This morning has been a spiritual struggle for me. The Lord has called me to the night watches again, which simply means I get up around 4am to worship, pray and listen to the heart of my Father. The time spent with Him has been so rich that its difficult to pull myself away at times.

I usually write these posts after I have spent time with Him. They are just a natural outpouring of His heart as it relates to the lessons He has taught or is presently teaching me. Since I never intended to write posts daily (it just kind of happened) I thought I would discipline myself and write them in the evenings before I went to bed. Usually the Lord would impress upon my heart a truth to share, so its been easy.

This morning was different. I went to church last night with a friend and got home late. I could barely keep my eyes open and decided to wait until the morning to write a post. Putting pen to paper or in  this case fingers to keyboard wasn't easy. The smooth rhythmic flow of my fingers tapping the keys escaped me. I closed the keyboard and spent time with the Father.

His simple message to me was this. What I experienced this morning is what a lot of believers experience. Doing good or even noble things without spending enough time with the Father makes life's work hard and does not yield the fruit He desires.

In varying seasons of life, each one of us, with different life demands must continue to seek Him.  He wants to write our script for the day, the months ahead, and in fact, our lives. Thankfully, He also is a Redeemer of lost time, dreams and destiny.

He's still calling for His Beloved. That's you and me: The church of Jesus Christ!

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. ~Hebrews 12:2

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. ~Matthew 6:33

2 comments: