Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

The Five Minute Challenge


My three year old grand-daughter, Nyel, gives the best hugs. Every time she sees me, she runs with her arms open wide, screaming "Me-Me!" When her small arms finally meets mine, I scoop her up, and with legs dangling, I spin her around in one large motion. The loudest screams and giggles just ooze out of her mouth, one right after the other until I finally put her down.

As she saunters away looking for one of her aunts or Daddy-cakes (Granddaddy), an overwhelming sense of pride and joy washes over me. One of life's simplest and greatest pleasure is to have a child demonstrate their love for you.  Our Heavenly Father desires our love and praise.

Sometimes I actually feel sorry for God. I thought about how many prayer requests (good and bad) He listens to continually day and night. Then the thought came to me, to spend some time daily with Him  not asking for anything, just hugging Him. By letting Him know how much I love and appreciate Him, I am giving Him pleasure.

Revelations 4: 11 states..

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelations 4:11 Wow! That's me!


Everyday I have the opportunity to "hug" my Heavenly Father. Sometimes I sing to Him, others I just verbally express how much I love and appreciate Him. I tell Him how beautiful He is to me.  Daily I  run to Him with open arms to express my love, gaze in His eyes and be swept off my feet.

P. S. Please join me as I commit to "hug" my Heavenly Father every day. If you are taking on this five minute challenge please post in the comment box and pass it on to your friends. Be blessed as you hug your Father today!

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful when our Father confirms direction to our lives through someone we both love and respect -- YOU!! As I pondered my concerns this morning, I realized that I had started my day without greeting my Father. I quickly ran away from concerns and directly to Him, climbing into His lap and just BEING! There He shared my thought for the day and how to write it out. There, we just WERE, quietly, completely and wonderfully. How marvelous to know that He is always waiting to greet me, hug me and hold me. How marvelous to know that I can BE STILL and KNOW...and give back a squeeze out of the fullness of my heart's gratitude. And OH, How He Loves ME so, Oh how He loves ME, how He loves Me so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing I did this morning is reach for my Bible and lay it on my bed. Before opening it's leather bound cover, I visited your blog and began reading today's post. After reading it I took the challenge of "hugging" our HEAVENLY FATHER before my morning devotions! It was such a blessing! It is a challenge I would like to engage in every morning! Thank you for being lead by the Spirit and encouraging your readers with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post really blessed me today. Thank you!! My little grand daughter from out of town is visiting me for a few weeks so I can relate first hand. What a delight to hug on her (she is only 7 months old)! Thank you for the reminder that I have an opportunity to "hug" on Heavenly Father. I need to do that more. Thank you for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky,

    I love your heart. I can sense your desire for more of God. Keep running to Him and hugging Him; for there He will reveal His heart to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Starting today I will commit to the challenge. I couldn't help but repent after reading the blog for not taking opportunities to hug my Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete