Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Creating a Place for Him

When we moved into our home I asked my husband to build a Prayer Room for me. Years earlier, I had met a older godly woman who greatly influenced me. She had a Prayer Room where she went and met with God everyday. It was filled with books on prayer, hymnals, tissues for wiping her tears and a tiny chair where she knelt and meet with her Saviour. Somehow in the midst of raising her children and being a pastor's wife she created her secret place for meeting with the Lord.


My prayer room is similar with a few added touches. I created a prayer board from the French Memo Boards you can find at your local Hobby Lobby or craft store. Family and friends adorn the creme colored board that serves as a reminder to pray for them. A well worn index card serves as a resting place for the names of children from my church who have gone away to college and still need a prayer covering.

Sometimes I'm unable to retreat to my prayer room so I've had to "sanctify" the kitchen sink and allow it to become my altar. While I wash dishes and prepare meals, my heart whispers prayers of praise and intercession to my Father. The Laundry Room transforms into my altar as I pray for each child when I fold their clothes!

You know, He has always wanted to meet with us. From the beginning, He came to meet with Adam in the cool of the day to have sweet fellowship. When He found that Adam was not in his usual place of meeting, he called for him, "Adam, where are you?"

Then the LORD God called to the man, and said to him, "Where are you?" Genesis 3:9 NAS

Those words still echo through the ages, as Adam represented all mankind. God is still looking for us. He desires to have sweet fellowship, intense intimacy and share His heart with you. You may not be able to construct a Prayer Room to meet with Him, but your heart is still the best meeting place of all.

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.  James 4:8a KJV

1 comment:

  1. This post reasonated with me because I no longer have a prayer room in my home. I made a decision after reading this post to redeicate my entire home to HIM. Thanks again Wanda for the gentle reminder.

    ReplyDelete