Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Treasuring the Father's Heart


I was thinking about my father, David, the other day and how much I miss hearing his voice. He went home to be with the Lord in 1988 and I thought I wouldn't be able to live without him.  He was the pinnacle of wisdom and my love reservoir. Just a few words from him made my world right again.  Knowing he was there when I needed that extra touch of reassurance was like honey to my heart. He was literally the backbone of my life.

My heavenly Father was gracious to give me a loving earthly father that mirrors His heart. Desperately longing for my earthly father and his words of wisdom gave me the idea of going back and revisiting my old spiritual journals to see what words My Heavenly Father had spoken. 

Armed with several old journals, from spiral to leather bound, each one of these books held the treasures of my Father's heart. As I began to read through the pages, our times of intimacy were unveiled. I could hear His still small voice directing me as I read over the scriptures He had given, life lessons He had taught, pain He had healed and truths He revealed. I also took note of the times I failed to follow His instructions in the simple things.

I asked the Lord for forgiveness and made a list of the directives He had given that I simply failed to do. Not intentionally disobedient, but yet disobedient still. Our God desires obedience in the simplest matters, they too are His heart.

His correction, gentle, yet sweet, filled me with gratitude that I took the time to record the treasure of His words. As for me, I will treasure His heart, lay down my life and allow Him to be glorified in the simple things.

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.~IICor. 4:7

1 comment:

  1. Wanda,
    I love your blog. I can relate to todays post. Thanks for reminding me of both my natural and heavenly father's gentleness, their enormous strenght and their unselfish love toward me.

    H.P.Treasure
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete