Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My RSVP to God

I love being invited to special events: weddings, luncheons, afternoon teas. Each one has its own unique emphasis, ambiance, decor, food and fellowship.  My calendar, which often is full, is checked immediately to reserve the date and time to share in the celebration.

While reading James chapter 4, I took note of this verse. In the midst of the instruction, correction and spiritual turmoil, the Lord gently sends an invitation.

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse [your] hands, [ye] sinners; and purify [your] hearts, [ye] double minded. ~James 4:8

"Come close to Me.", He calls in the midst of all the struggles and adversity of life. Instead of running and hiding from Him as Adam did in the garden, we need to stop and run to Him. He knows our frailties and weakness', yet He is desirous of our company. The song Draw me Close to You is the cry of my heart, my personal RSVP to the greatest invitation I've ever received. Please take a few minutes and allow your heart to respond to this very personal invitation from God to you. Before you play the video, turn off the music on the side bar.

Draw me close to You
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear You say that I'm Your friend

You are my desire
No one else will do
'Cause nothing else could take Your place
To feel the warmth of Your embrace
Help me find the way
Bring me back to You

You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know You are near






1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful insight...in the midst we can still find His outstretched Hand and His Heart for us. In the times of trial, trouble and seeming separation from Him, the cry of our heart -- Draw Me Close To You Lord. You're all I want or need! Hallelujah Lord, help me to remember.

    ReplyDelete